Thursday, January 17, 2019

How to use 想 in Chinese | Three meanings for 想 | Different Usages of 想

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUCzXl8KBQU
How to use 想 in Chinese | Three meanings for 想 
Different Usages of 想  | 中国语学习/想 and 认为

How to use 想 precisely?
The differences between “想” and “认为”?

1. 想 think (in your personal opinion) + a sentence
(often without proof, you just guess or suppose something as it was)
Examples:
我想他是对的。
I think he is right.
[You just think about this in your personal opinion.]

我想他会喜欢这只狗。
I think he will like this dog.
[You just think about this and personally agree with this statement.]

What if you want to say these sentences with a more positive tone?
Then we use “认为”:
You consider something based on what you have known and with certain proof
我想他是对的。(a personal opinion, more colloquial)
我认为他是对的。(a formal and positive statement with certain knowledge or proof)

2. 想want to / would like + a verb
我想学汉语。
I want to learn Chinese.
我想吃面条。
I want to eat noodles.

3. 想
想念 miss, think of + someone or something
我想我在美国的家人。
I miss my family in the US.
我想我的前女友。
I miss my ex-girlfriend.

Review
想 think (in your persoal opinion) + a sentence
想want to / would like + a verb
想 想念 miss, think of + someone or something

Practice:
我想要离开。(think/want to/ miss)
I want to leave.
我想他吃饱了。(think/want to/ miss)
I think he’s full.
我想我的猫。(think/want to/ miss)
I miss my cat.
我想睡了。(think/want to/ miss)
I want to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment